Friday, January 15, 2016
Thursday, January 14, 2016
Monday, November 30, 2015
Better test renders! I did some tweaking on the particle debris by copy-stamping some geometry onto them, and did some test renders with the textures, displacements, and lighting. I tried caching out a version of the fracture that had smaller fracture pieces, but Houdini kept crashing... Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet but hopefully I can find a solution to that soon.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
First test render of the crumbling hands! I definitely need to make the particle debris larger, since it's very difficult to see here. Also have some kinks to work out with the normals. But given it's a simple test render I put together in about 5 minutes, I'm pretty happy with it. Lots of work left do though.
This is a flipbook of what the FX animation will look like. Thanks to Cat McDonnell for the character animation in this shot! Looks pretty sweet!
Finally got my crumbling hand simulation working! Been having trouble getting the fracture to stick with the deforming geometry, but I finally figured that out (after 3 weeks of intense google searches and a lot of fiddling around), and here are the results! Still have some small tweaking to do, and I have to add the debris back in, but it's ready just in time for render tests!